** New Topic**
Responding to Disclosures of Domestic Violence and Other Abuse in Employment Services
Monday 4 December 2023
PLATFORM: GO TO WEBINAR
Join us for an informative webinar that equips professionals within the employment services sectors with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively respond to disclosures of domestic, family, and sexual violence. In this webinar, we will explore the specific approaches used in Australia to address these sensitive and complex issues.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Gain knowledge and skills to create a safe and supportive environment for participants to disclose their experiences of domestic violence and abuse.
- Develop an understanding of the signs and indicators of domestic violence and other forms of abuse.
- Learn how to provide trauma-informed support, including psychoeducation & safety planning
- Familiarise yourself with available specialist support services and understand the role of domestic violence organisations.
- Enhance your ability to collaborate with other professionals and community services to ensure comprehensive support
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification on responding to disclosures of domestic violence and abuse.
Sharon is a qualified human services program designer and lecturer with many years of experience in Human Resources. For the last 5 years she has focused on researching and working with disengaged job seekers and their complex needs. Sharon combines clinical psychotherapy and professionalism with a natural and down-to-earth approach. Sharon is a qualified Drug and Alcohol Facilitator, Psychotherapist & Social Sciences Professional. She has worked as a psychotherapist in employment services for almost 10 years.
As an expert in encouraging mandated and resistant clients to change, she keynotes at national conferences on topics of behavioural change, AOD, mental health and neuropsychotherapy.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST
This live broadcast will include ample Q&A time. It is expected to run for no more than an hour.
A PDF copy of the presentation will be distributed to all registrants, and a certificate to participants.
NESA PD BOOST SUBSCRIPTION
BOOST YOUR WORKFORCE CAPABILITY
Are you looking for ways for your staff to develop skills on a regular basis?
INTRODUCING NESA’S PD BOOST SUBSCRIPTION OFFER
EXCLUSIVE TO NESA MEMBERS
Employment Services Institute (ESI)
// Become an ESI member! \\
The ESI is a professional body dedicated to advancing practitioners’ career and professional standing as well as building recognition of the professionalism of the employment services sector, more broadly.
ESI membership is open to all who work or aspire to work in Employment Services or related sectors.