Redesign Your Clients Resumes to get them shortlisted
Thursday 7 March 2024
3.00pm - 4.30pm AEDT
PLATFORM: GO TO WEBINAR
All frontline Staff
Did you know that online application systems are rejecting your client resumes for simple things like a font type?
Have you and your client ever pulled together a great job application, flicked it off, waited, waited and waited, and received no reply? These days many organisations use HR Software to screen out documents based on formatting, lack of key words and other things that you may not be aware of.
The change from human eyes reviewing the initial application to computer software analysing the application has changed the way successful applications are formatted. This webinar will provide an understanding of those changes and how they are impacting on your clients success.
It will make you look at addressing criteria and your resume templates in a whole new light.
This is ideal for frontline staff who are advising clients on the application process and what they need to do to avoid being rejected by online application / recruitment databases / HR Software.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- An understanding of how online applications are processed by screening software is essential to know so your clients are not screened out on the first pass
- The importance of key words in your job seeker’s application and matching these to the advertisement or industry that they are applying for
- Formatting and making things pretty- why this does not work with online applications. Fonts to use, and fonts not to use!
- Keeping it simple – how irrelevant or complex information on your online resume or application can be hurting your client’s chances of ending up on the ” Yes” list
- Resume – the do’s and the don’ts, how to address gaps in employment history and how to adapt your resume to specific job applications.
- The common mistakes that blocks resumes from getting through.
Rebecca holds a Bachelor of Psychology, a Graduate Certificate in Career Development and other qualifications in Training, Management and Human Resources. With over fifteen years experience working in Employment Services and ten years delivering industry training, Rebecca is able to relay her knowledge and experience using a common sense approach and an informal manner which is popular with her clients.
Her Employment Services work has primarily involved facilitating the Certificate IV in Employment Services throughout Western Australia and assisting organisations with other business needs such as tender writing and policy development.
Currently the Director of Training and Compliance at the Betterlink Group, a Western Australian based RTO she is also a professional member of the Career Development Association of Australia, a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and an internationally certified Continuous Improvement Coach, SME Executive Coach and NLP Practitioner.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST
This live broadcast will include ample Q&A time. It is expected to run for one and a half hours.
A PDF copy of the presentation will be distributed to all registrants, and a certificate to participants.
NESA PD BOOST SUBSCRIPTION
BOOST YOUR WORKFORCE CAPABILITY
Are you looking for ways for your staff to develop skills on a regular basis?
INTRODUCING NESA’S PD BOOST SUBSCRIPTION OFFER
EXCLUSIVE TO NESA MEMBERS
Employment Services Institute (ESI)
// Become an ESI member! \\
The ESI is a professional body dedicated to advancing practitioners’ career and professional standing as well as building recognition of the professionalism of the employment services sector, more broadly.
ESI membership is open to all who work or aspire to work in Employment Services or related sectors.