** New Topic **
How to Re-direct Conversations and Keeping Participants Engaged In Employment Services Appointment
Thursday 26 October 2023
PLATFORM: GO TO WEBINAR
Join us for an insightful webinar as we delve into the essential aspects of redirecting conversations and maintaining participant engagement in employment services appointments. Gain valuable clinical strategies to enhance communication effectiveness and optimize the productivity of these sessions. Learn effective strategies to enhance communication and maximize the productivity of these sessions.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Clarifying the Purpose and Objectives: Understand the precise purpose and objectives of employment services appointments to ensure efficient and effective communication.
- Overcoming Distractions: Identify common factors that may cause participants to lose focus during appointments and explore strategies to mitigate distractions.
- Redirecting Techniques: Discover practical techniques to redirect conversations and steer them towards the intended purpose, optimising appointment time.
- Active Listening and Empathy: Enhance participant engagement by combining active listening skills and demonstrating empathy in employment services appointments.
- Powerful Questioning Techniques: Learn effective questioning techniques to encourage meaningful responses and facilitate productive discussions regarding employment.
- Reflective Summaries and Paraphrasing: Master the art of summarising and paraphrasing to reinforce key points and maintain engagement throughout appointments.
Sharon is a qualified human services program designer and lecturer with many years of experience in Human Resources. For the last 5 years she has focused on researching and working with disengaged job seekers and their complex needs. Sharon combines clinical psychotherapy and professionalism with a natural and down-to-earth approach. Sharon is a qualified Drug and Alcohol Facilitator, Psychotherapist & Social Sciences Professional. She has worked as a psychotherapist in employment services for almost 10 years.
As an expert in encouraging mandated and resistant clients to change, she keynotes at national conferences on topics of behavioural change, AOD, mental health and neuropsychotherapy.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST
This live broadcast will include ample Q&A time. It is expected to run for no more than an hour.
A PDF copy of the presentation will be distributed to all registrants, and a certificate to participants.
NESA PD BOOST SUBSCRIPTION
BOOST YOUR WORKFORCE CAPABILITY
Are you looking for ways for your staff to develop skills on a regular basis?
INTRODUCING NESA’S PD BOOST SUBSCRIPTION OFFER
EXCLUSIVE TO NESA MEMBERS
Employment Services Institute (ESI)
// Become an ESI member! \\
The ESI is a professional body dedicated to advancing practitioners’ career and professional standing as well as building recognition of the professionalism of the employment services sector, more broadly.
ESI membership is open to all who work or aspire to work in Employment Services or related sectors.