2019 nesa awards for excellence
Achiever of the Year
SUPPORTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT, SKILLS, SMALL AND FAMILY BUSINESS
Overarching Award Eligibility Criteria: applicable to all Award categories
All Awards relate to activities undertaken during the qualifying period 2018 – 2019 financial year
All Awards are open to current NESA members and the job seekers and employers assisted by them
Nominees must also meet the specific eligibility requirements for the Award category in which they are nominated
All submissions and supporting information is treated as confidential
Assessment of nominations is managed according to the NESA Awards for Excellence Judging Process
Multiple nominations are permitted and encouraged with a separate submission required for each nomination
Where a team is eligible to be nominated in an Award category, “team” is defined as:
• At least 2 people working together to achieve specified outcomes
• An entire branch or office
• A geographically based group i.e. regional or employment area
• A work group with an ongoing role in the organisation, or a time-limited group formed to achieve a specified purpose or outcomes e.g. project team
This Award recognises a former job seeker who has overcome extraordinary disadvantage to achieve employment.
Covers all applicable elements of the Overarching Award Eligibility Criteria. as per above.
In addition, open to former job seekers:
- who received employment assistance from a provider of a program or service managed by the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business, and
- who achieved substantive employment resulting in achievement of a full employment outcome since July 2017 **
- who is in sustained substantive employment on the date of the awards – 31 July 2019
“Substantive employment” is defined as employment in one or more concurrent jobs with sufficient hours and/or income to qualify for a full employment outcome.
“Full employment outcome” is in accordance with the requirements of the program/service in which the job seeker was engaged at placement into employment.
** For clarity the job seekers placement may have occurred prior to July 2017 but the outcome must have been achieved during the Awards qualifying period.