Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
The 2021 NESA National Conference being held in Canberra 8-9 June 2021 will be in a ‘hybrid’ format – in-person for those who are able to attend personally and online for those who wish to attend or present virtually. This will ensure that the Conference can proceed regardless of any potential COVID-19 restrictions.
• If NESA cancels the in-person stream of the 2021 NESA National Conference all in-person registrations will be automatically transferred to the virtual attendance stream and the price difference between the two registration fees will be refunded.
• If a registrant is unable to attend in-person due to national, state, regional, or organisational implemented travel bans, he/she can transfer his/her registration to the virtual stream without penalty.
• If a registrant is unable to attend in-person due to personally testing positive for COVID-19, or being placed into isolation (either mandated or self-isolation) he/she can transfer his/her registration to the virtual stream of the conference without penalty.
All other reasons for cancellation will follow NESA’s standard cancellation policy outlined noted below.
An administrative fee of $150 per registrant will apply for cancellations received 5 working days prior to the event.
• Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to the event (by COB Monday 10 May 2021) will receive a full refund.
• Cancellations received 2 weeks prior to the event (by COB Monday 24 May 2021) will forfeit 50% of the total registration payable (GST included), or registrants can nominate another person to take their place.
• Cancellations received within 2 weeks of the event (after Monday 24 May 2021) will forfeit 100% of the total registration payable (GST included), or registrants can nominate another person to take their place.
Refunds will not be given for failure to attend whether that be in-person or virtually, or for late arrivals or early departures.
Changing Your Registration:
At any time, should you wish to change your in-person registration to a virtual registration, or vice-versa, you can do so by contacting NESA in writing via [email protected] The policy includes:
Virtual To In-Person: Requests received prior to COB 31 May 2021 are accepted with the price difference between virtual & in-person payable prior to the start of the conference.
Requests received after COB Monday 31 May 2021 are not confirmed until NESA and the venue can ensure a ticket is available. If confirmed, the price difference between virtual & in-person is payable prior to the start of the conference.
In-Person To Virtual: Requests received prior to COB 31 May 2021 will be refunded the price difference between virtual & in-person registration fee.
Requests received after COB 31 May 2021 are accepted, however no refund of the difference between in-person and virtual will be paid.
Transfer of registration to another person: If you need to transfer an existing registration (in-person or virtual) to another person, you must submit your request in writing 2 working days prior to the event (By COB Thursday 3 June)
All cancellation requests or changes to registration must be submitted in writing to [email protected] and acknowledged by NESA within the time period indicated.
Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer: Event programs are confirmed at the date of advertising on the website and printing. However, NESA reserves the right to make changes to the programme and event dates at any time circumstances dictate. Every effort will be made to provide a programme of equivalent standard and value.
Health and Safety: The health and safety of our Conference delegates and presenters is paramount and NESA will be working closely with the venue to ensure all health and safety measures are in place.
We will be following all government advice regarding COVID-19 and we will be working with the venue to ensure the Conference is delivered in accordance to all COVID-19 safe requirements and regulations. This includes a capping on in-person registrations, which may increase or decrease according to changes in government requirements.
Internet Access: It is the responsibility of virtual registrants to ensure they have access to a high-speed internet connection to attend the virtual event and participate in the online sessions.
Insurance Disclaimer: Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the event and book your travel, you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include (1) loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the event; (2) loss through cancellation or rescheduling of the event; (3) loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason including force majeure, medical expenses, loss or damage to person or property, additional expenses; and (4) repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered. NESA cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange his or her own insurance.
Photos & Video: NESA reserves the right to take photographs of and film event participants (in-person and virtual attendees).
Generally, these photos and film footage may be used for NESA member purposes only and as such, they may be made available or displayed during the event, or following the event, including the virtual event platform, or they may be used by NESA for promotional purposes. If you do not wish us to take your photograph or film you, or if you prefer that we did not use your image for promotional purposes, please advise our photographer, camera operator or NESA directly.