NESA Training Events
2 PART COACHING PROGRAMME
Managing Challenging and Aggressive Client Behaviour
Thursday 19 July 2018 | 2:00pm AEST
When working with people from different walks of life on a daily basis, and often requesting them to undertake activities they may not be enthusiastic about, some level of challenging behaviour is inevitable. This is a two session online coaching programme designed to build skills in dealing effectively with challenging behaviour from an employment service industry perspective.
The coaching programme aims to provide you with all the skills to help you understand and deal with the challenges of a modern-day client-centred employment service. Participants will acquire knowledge on how to enhance their communication techniques and to avoid conflict in the workplace. Participants are expected to contribute to the discussion of techniques and to consider alternative and innovative approaches. The model of delivery for this coaching program requires “learning by doing”, an active learning approach in which learners will be given work-based activities to be completed as part of the series.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Session one : Self-management, resilience, and communication & listening skills. Session is being held on Thursday 19 July 2018 at 2pm AEST (1:30pm SA & NT, and 12 noon WA)
- Understand the principles of how to self-manage and remain resilient in confronting situations.
- How to maintain safe limits and set client expectations.
- Understand how good communication can influence people.
- Learn how to develop effective listening skills and assist clients to develop new skills in communication.
- Understand the barriers to effective communication and how to maintain limits on client behaviour
- How to recognise and deal with clients effectively when you feel like you are being provoked.
- Have opportunities through case examples to link theory to practice and application for a safe environment
Each webinar session is expected to run for approximately 60 minutes including ample Q&A and discussion time.
A PDF copy of the presentation and a Certificate of Completion will be distributed to all registrants once the series has been completed.
Matt Luttrell (BOUNCE Australia)
With over six years’ experience managing hotels in Melbourne and Geelong, and over ten years’ experience in Employment Services in both frontline and management roles, Matt has seen it all. He has worked in priority regions where high levels of anti-social behaviour are prevalent. Matt is educated and experienced in conflict management believing that the real secret is to be able to identify a challenging situation and effectively communicate with the individual to gain a mutually agreed outcome.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST