NESA 2 part on-line Coaching Program
Managing Challenging and Aggressive Client Behaviour
Wednesday 4 September 2019 (part two Wednesday 11 September 2019)
Starts 2pm AEST (1:30pm SA & NT and 12 noon in WA)
When working with people from different walks of life on a daily basis, and often requesting them to undertake activities they may not be enthusiastic about, some level of challenging behaviour is inevitable. This is a two session on line coaching program designed to build skills in dealing effectively with challenging behaviour from an employment service industry perspective.
The coaching program aims to provide you with all the skills to help you understand and deal with the challenges of a modern-day client-centred employment service. Participants will acquire knowledge on how to enhance their communication techniques and to avoid conflict in the workplace. Participants are expected to contribute to the discussion of techniques and to consider alternative and innovative approaches.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Session one: Self-management, resilience, and communication & listening skills: Wednesday 4 September 2019 at 2pm AEST (1:30pn in SA & NT and 12 noon in WA)
- Understand the principles of how to self-manage and remain resilient in confronting situations.
- How to maintain safe limits and set client expectations.
- Understand how good communication can influence people.
- Learn how to develop effective listening skills and assist clients to develop new skills in communication
Session two: Barriers and limiting client behaviour, responding effectively, and maintaining personal and others’ safety: Wednesday 11 September 2019 at 2pm AEST (1:30pn in SA & NT and 12 noon in WA)
- Understand the barriers to effective communication and how to maintain limits on client behaviour
- How to recognise and deal with clients effectively when you feel like you are being provoked.
- Have opportunities through case examples to link theory to practice and application for a safe environment.
Each webinar session is expected to run for approximately 60 minutes including ample Q&A and discussion time.
A PDF copy of the presentation will be distributed to all registrants.
Once the series has been completed, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Nicole has a Masters in Human Services, and specialises in psychology and rehabilitation counselling. She is a member of the Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors (ASORC) and has extensive experience within employment and occupational counselling settings, as well as 20 years of experience in health education, stress and wellbeing management.
Nicole’s areas of specialisation include working with clients with complex mental health issues, crisis intervention for clients and staff, staff and client training for Employment Services, staff peer supervision and counselling, employment assistance counselling and management support.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST