NESA on line two part Coaching Program
Increasing Indigenous Participation - Indigenous Cultural Awareness
Wednesday 21 & 28 October 2020
Starts 12 noon AEDT (11.30am SA, 11am QLD, 10.30am NT and 9.00am in WA)
All industry staff
Extensive cultural knowledge is not necessary in order to become culturally aware. A capacity to recognise that cultural difference exist, and to be open to learning from these differences is the bases of cultural awareness.
This Coaching program is designed to expand thinking and understanding about the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, its history and contemporary issues; and to facilitate understanding between staff and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
You will be provided with historical legislative and policy development information, as it pertains to Australian Indigenous peoples, to increase understanding of how history relates to current Indigenous Australian socio economic status and behaviours.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Over this two part series you will hear Jodi Sampson’s personal narrative and insight into people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background within the workplace, customer base and community.
Session one: Wednesday 21 October 2020 at 12 noon AEDT
- Information required to better support Indigenous clients and community
- Knowledge and understanding of the cultural and social history of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and the issues they face
Session two: Wednesday 28 October 2020 at 12 noon AEDT
- Knowledge, skills and tools required for effective communication and service delivery to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Awareness and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural issues and how they relate to your business, your job seekers and your employer placement and retention.
- A practical understanding of how culture shapes our values, attitudes and behaviour.
- Tools for staff who mentor, manage and work with Indigenous job seekers.
- Insight into people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background within the workplace, customer base and community
Each webinar session is expected to run for approximately 60 minutes including ample Q&A and discussion time.
A PDF copy of the presentation will be distributed to all registrants.
Once the series has been completed, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Jodi is a proud Gomeroi Man from North-West NSW. Jodi was raised in ‘Two-Worlds’ in Moree and has an entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep, provides leadership, Coaching & Mentoring and role models the cultural values of his family and ancestors.
Jodi’s career spans across all levels of Government, Non-Government, Peak Bodies and Community-Based Organisations. Jodi’s engagement has seen him hold specialised roles and conducted cutting-edge strategic activities to provide access and participation of First Nation People to programs & opportunities that seemed unreachable.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST