NESA Coaching Program
ONLINE | 2 PARTS
INCREASING INDIGENOUS PARTICIPATION - INDIGENOUS CULTURAL AWARENESS
Friday 16 & 23 July 2021
Starts 2.00pm AEST (1.30pm SA & NT, and 12 noon in WA)
MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS
CVGT STAFF ONLY
GLOBAL SKILLS STAFF ONLY
MY PATHWAY STAFF ONLY
WISE STAFF ONLY
WORKWAYS STAFF ONLY
Extensive cultural knowledge is not necessary in order to become culturally aware. A capacity to recognise that cultural difference exist, and to be open to learning from these differences is the bases of cultural awareness.
This coaching program is designed to expand thinking and understanding about the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, its history and contemporary issues; and to facilitate understanding between staff and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
You will be provided with historical legislative and policy development information, as it pertains to Australian Indigenous peoples, to increase understanding of how history relates to current Indigenous Australian socio economic status and behaviours.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Over this two part series you will hear Jodi Sampson’s personal narrative and insight into people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background within the workplace, customer base and community.
Session one: Friday 16 July 2021 at 2.00pm AEST
- Information required to better support Indigenous clients and community
- Knowledge and understanding of the cultural and social history of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and the issues they face
Session two: Friday 23 July 2021 at 2.00pm AEST
- Knowledge, skills and tools required for effective communication and service delivery to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Awareness and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural issues and how they relate to your business, your job seekers and your employer placement and retention.
- A practical understanding of how culture shapes our values, attitudes and behaviour.
- Tools for staff who mentor, manage and work with Indigenous job seekers.
- Insight into people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background within the workplace, customer base and community
Jodi is a proud Gomeroi Man from North-West NSW. Jodi was raised in ‘Two-Worlds’ in Moree and has an entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep, provides leadership, Coaching & Mentoring and role models the cultural values of his family and ancestors.
Jodi’s career spans across all levels of Government, Non-Government, Peak Bodies and Community-Based Organisations. Jodi’s engagement has seen him hold specialised roles and conducted cutting-edge strategic activities to provide access and participation of First Nation People to programs & opportunities that seemed unreachable.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST