NESA 2 part Coaching Program
Developing Emotional Intelligence
Thursday 9 & 16 April 2020
Starts 2pm AEST (1:30pm in SA & NT and 12 noon in WA)
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to understand and manage your emotions. The skills involved in emotional intelligence are: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills. The training explains what EI is and its role in improving performance in the workplace. Emotional intelligence also strengthens relationships among co-workers, contributing to a stable team in the workplace and to harmonious internal and external relations.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our Coaching Program is based on the 5 domains of Emotional Intelligence:
- Self-Awareness – Understanding how self-aware participants are; reviewing the value of self-awareness and providing an opportunity to develop self-awareness skills.
- Self-Management – Appreciating that we manage ourselves based on our values, attitudes and beliefs; looking at methods of improving self-management and overcoming negative ‘self-talk’.
- Self-Motivation – A look at how personal goals drive our self-motivation, how our beliefs, values and attitudes can affect our motivation and some valuable techniques for personal improvement.
- Empathy – Helping participants appreciate the need for empathy and providing the methods for doing it.
- Handling Relationships – Bringing the previous skills together to become ‘socially intelligent’; looking at real life situations and how emotional intelligence plays a part; reviewing ways of further improving relationships using emotional intelligence.
The Coaching Program is delivered in two parts on-line as one hour webinar sessions
Session one: Emotional Intelligence – Understanding EI in Employment Services – Thursday 9 April 2020 at 2pm AEST (1:30pm SA & NT, and 12 noon in WA)
Learn about the five domains
How to enhance your EQ
The EI models – Triune Brain Theory – The BRA model – Goleman’s Model
The Mood metre and the Mood Rule
Session two: Emotional Intelligence – Strategies to Boost EI – Thursday 16 April 2020 at 2pm AEST (1:30pm SA & NT, and 12 noon in WA)
Putting Emotional Intelligence into your practice
Each webinar session is expected to run for approximately 60 minutes including ample Q&A and discussion time.
A PDF copy of the presentation will be distributed to all registrants.
Once the series has been completed, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Sharon Mamo is a qualified human services program designer and lecturer with many years of experience in Human Resources. For the last 9 years she has focused on researching and working with disengaged job seekers and their complex needs. Sharon combines clinical psychotherapy and professionalism with a natural and down to earth approach. Sharon is a qualified Drug and Alcohol Facilitator, Psychotherapist & Social Sciences Professional. She has worked as a psychotherapist in Employment Services for 8 years. As an expert in encouraging mandated and resistant clients to change, she keynotes at National Conferences on topics of Behavioural Change, AOD, Mental Health and Neuropsychotherapy.
Prices are inclusive of GST
Prices are inclusive of GST