NESA YOUTH EMPLOYMENT FORUM AGENDA
4 MAY 2017 | QUAY WEST SUITES 132 ALICE ST, BRISBANE CITY QLD 4000
9.00 – 9.30
9.30 – 9.45
Sally Sinclair NESA CEO
WELCOME TO COUNTRY
Uncle Joe Kirk
10.45 – 11.15
11.15 – 12.15
PANEL: Y DO EMPLOYERS ENGAGE YOUNG PEOPLE
A panel of industry experts and employers will discuss where to find employment opportunities and pathways to employment for young people and options to connect young job seekers with employers.
NESA Senior Policy Advisor
12.15 – 1.15
(20mins presentation with 10mins Q&A)
PANEL: WHAT BEST PRACTICE ACHIEVES OUTCOMES?
Learn what’s working well from practitioners in services for young people from integrated services and employment services.
1.15 – 2.00
2.00 – 3.40
(4 X 20MINS)
Learning and Sharing – an important way to improve practice
- We all have a past…How do we motivate young people to tackle the barriers they may face with the juvenile justice system, drugs and alcohol or other serious issues?
- Why do employers recruit young people? What are the benefits of having young staff and how can we most effectively promote these benefits to potential employers?
- Why challenge yourself? Why do you do what you do? How can you do it better? What opportunities are there to learn from your peers?
- What makes a quality internship
- Supporting the needs of employers
3.40 – 3.55
DRAWING TOGETHER THE DAY’S LEARNINGS AND KEY MESSAGES
3.55 – 4.00
CLOSING THE DAY